The winery is located in the heart of the vineyard and is nicknamed “the winery under the hill”. Architects at Atelier Christian de Protzamparc designed the winery with elegance and energy-efficiency as their top priorities; the construction has been High Environmental Quality certified. Its living green roof is raised by sweeping white molded concrete walls mirrored by 52 concrete wine vats that line the interior. The estate was conceived in 1832 and the vine plots have not changed since 1871. This addition onto the pre-existing chateau blends into the surrounding countryside creating harmony between cultivation and construction.