August 13th is National Prosecco Day and Cavit Wines, America’s #1 Italian wine producer, is celebrating with their trademarked Frosecco. It is exactly what you think it is, frozen Prosecco. Mixed with fresh lemon and lime juices and blended for a slushy-like texture, Frosecco is a wonderful way to cool down on a hot August day. I wanted to share Cavit’s signature recipe that is the perfect way to celebrate if you’d like to consider covering for your readers to make at home.
- 1 bottle Cavit Prosecco
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ice cubes adjust if needed
- 2 tablespoon sugar optional
- Zest of one lemon
- Topping the frozen Prosecco with a fresh splash of the product is also a great delicious idea
- Open Cavit Prosecco and pour it into a large container. Place in the freezer overnight.
- Once product is frozen, place the frozen Prosecco into a blender in parts and add the lime and lemon juice, ice cubes, sugar and lemon zest.
- Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and looks just like a slushy.
- Divide the Frosecco ™ between 4 glasses. It is best to spoon the mixture into the glasses but it’ll soften up as it melts.
- Garnish with a lemon or lime slice and top with a splash of Prosecco if desired.