With CBD oil being one of the top products that the public has been informed about, nowadays, many people are already curious about CBD products. Since many are finding new ways to consume CBD oil, why not try CBD oil in your favorite cocktails?
In this post, you’ll learn more about safely infusing CBD oil into your preferred cocktail.
Why Choose CBD Oil for Your Cocktail?
First of all, CBD oil is believed to have some good health benefits for people who may have some health conditions. For example, some people claim that CBD oil can soothe their mood so that they become more relaxed after taking their daily dose.
Incidentally, this is also why some people recommend a THC-infused cocktail. Take note that THC is that extract from the cannabis Sativa plant that causes a “high” feeling associated with marijuana.
So, people who take the CBD oil through cocktails will experience a double effect – the CBD oil will give a sedative-like effect and the cocktails will give the feeling of relaxation.
If you’re the type who feels frazzled at the end of the day, then you can try a CBD-oil-infused cocktail.
How to Make a CBD-Oil-Infused Cocktail
- Buy Good Quality CBD Oil: Before anything else, you should find good quality CBD oil to use in the mixture. If you want to, there are some good sources of CBD oil on the Internet. Take note that you may want to be very careful in your choice since not all sources online tell the truth about how much CBD extract is in their product.
- Taste Your CBD Oil: You should try taking a regular dosage of the CBD oil you purchased, just to see how you react to it. The reason for this is that some people react mildly to the presence of CBD oil while others develop a negative reaction; it differs on a case-to-case basis.
If you’re the type who’s able to absorb the CBD oil without any side effects, then it’s safe to proceed to make your cocktail infused with CBD oil.
- Learn the Difference Between a CBD-Oil-infused Cocktail and a CBD- Tincture-infused Cocktail: You should learn the difference between a cocktail that has CBD oil and one that has CBD tincture.
A cocktail that has CBD oil will permit the oily substance to float on top of the alcohol in your drink. So, when you’ve taken the last sip of your drink, don’t be surprised if there’s some oil left on the bottom.
On the other hand, a CBD tincture reacts well with, so it’ll just mix into the cocktail and you can take it up to the last drop.
- Be Cautious About Adding CBD Oil: You shouldn’t add CBD oil with a free hand to your drink just because you can. Check the label of your CBD oil bottle to see how much you may safely take per dosage. Though some may recommend as much as 25 mg per dosage, you might want to take less at the start, just to be on the safe side.
If you don’t have a negative reaction to your cocktail with that dosage, then you can add bit by bit until you find a happy ratio for your CBD-infused cocktail.
- Take Your Cocktail Only In the Evening: Since you probably want a CBD-oil-infused cocktail to soothe your nerves so that you feel less stressed out, it’s advisable to drink it after you get home from work. That way, you won’t have to worry about any side effects, if any.
Taking it in the morning might make you too sleepy to be of much use at work.
- Experiment With Different Kinds of Liquor: It’s important to seek your own twist on the kind of liquor to mix with your CBD oil.
This is largely a matter of personal taste so you can take a cue from the cocktail recipes you find online, but try to come up with your own recipes, depending on how you react to your unique mixture.
- Don’t Overdo It: Though some people might want to take two or more shots of the CBD-oil-infused cocktail they came up with, it might be considered overdosing already.
It’s advisable to limit your consumption, not just because of potential side effects, but because your preferred CBD oil dosage might be too strong to consume twice in one night.
Many people are now experimenting with CBD oil cocktails because they claim that these drinks can serve as a “safe” way to relax after a stressful day. If you want to try CBD oil cocktails, you’ll have to source your CBD oil from a safe supplier first.
Check for your reaction to your first drink to see if you’re not allergic to it. If there are no side effects, it may be safe to branch out into other cocktails as well, provided you don’t overdose on the CBD oil content in your preferred cocktail.