Ruca Malen inspires the world with their 2014 vintage Yauquen Malbec. Yaquen means “to share” and in this case to share a drink. For the Mapiches the Yauquen was the ritual in which they shared with the Gods the fruits of the Land. 70% of the grapes come from vineyards located in Lujan de Cuyo, Agrelo that are harvested from the last week of march to mid April, while the other 30% come from vineyards in Uco Valley, harvested during the last week of March and the first week of April. In Agrelo he vines grow in deep silty soil and rocky in depth with good drainage and in Uco Valley they grow in sandy loam, rocky with very good drainage.

This wine is a brilliant red with violet hues with aromas of intense red fruits such as cherries and strawberries with a tasty combination of spicy notes. The palate is juicy, fresh and well rounded with an excellent balance between acidity, silky tannins and persistence. Fantastic for pairing with grilled red meat cuts, pasta with tomato based sauced, empanadas and risotto dishes. The production yielded 142,500 bottles so purchase one to share and start your own ritual of delicious wine drinking with international cuisine.