If you are a novice traveller, you may find yourself panicking over a variety of different things, which can mar your travel experience. There is a lot to organise and sort out when you are travelling, which means that you need to make sure you think ahead in order to ensure your trip runs as smoothly as possible. From travel insurance and currency through to transfers and accommodation, you have a lot to plan so one thing you should always do – as the pros know – is make a list so that you stay organised and don’t miss anything out. A packing list is, of course, also essential to make sure you don’t leave anything behind.
Those who travel on a regular basis have already gathered a variety of tricks that makes travel far less stressful and more enjoyable. Whether you are travelling alone or with family and whether you are heading out on holiday or business, learning to travel like a pro can be a huge help – and the tips below will show you how.
Learn from the travel pros!
Travel pros tend to be able to make travel far more enjoyable and relaxing simply by using some simple methods, which they pick up over the years as regular travellers. By using these methods, you too can start enjoying travelling like one of the pros. Some of these tips include:
- Try and travel with hand luggage only: If you are travelling alone you may find that there is no need for a large suitcase and that you can get away with hand luggage only such as a cabin case. This offers many benefits, which is what travel pros have come to learn. First off, it means that you don’t have to lug heavy suitcases around the airport until they are checked in. Second, it means that you spend less time at the check-in desk as you won’t have to wait for them all to be weighed. Finally, you save yourself the time and hassle of waiting for your suitcase to come out when you get into the airport on arrival. Airlines these days offer generous hand luggage allowances so you might just be able to get away with it.
- Save time with a meet and greet: If you are driving to the airport, the last thing you want to be doing is wasting time on parking, which can be time consuming as well as frustrating. You can save yourself time and hassle by arranging a meet and greet service for when you arrive at the airport. All you need to do is hand your keys in close to the departures area and the attendant will arrange for the car to be parked so you can head straight off into the airport. Also, when you arrive back from your journey – probably exhausted – you will have the pleasure of having your car ready and waiting at arrivals so you can head off without delay. Again, this saves you more time when you arrive back, which is another great bonus.
- Stay over the night before: For an even more relaxing and stress free journey, it is well worth considering staying over at an airport hotel the night before you fly particularly if you are heading off a long haul flight. This means you are refreshed and relaxed ready for your flight and there is little risk of being late. At OZCodes.com.au you will find some great moneysaving deals on airport hotels, so you can look forward to a relaxing night’s sleep before you travel without blowing your holiday budget. You can even enjoy some breakfast at your hotel before you head to the airport for your flight rather than trying to grab a bite at overcrowded airport eateries.
- Use an airport lounge: Larger airports can be hectic and the time spent waiting around for your flight time cab be very boring. If the idea of wandering in and out of shops doesn’t really appeal to you it is well worth booking yourself into an airport lounge. Here you can simply kick back, relax, have a few drinks, enjoy some snacks, and let the hustle and bustle of the airport pass you by.Take some time to read or get online with free wifi.
- Keep your passports and boarding passes together: If you have printed boarding passes, or even cardboard ones from the airport, make sure you keep them with your passport. The last thing you want to do is be scrabbling around when you have long queues behind you, so make sure you keep them both together that they are both within easy reach for you ready for when you need them.
Traveling can be far more fun when you get yourself organized and make some plans to help the journey run more smoothly. Like the pros, you will be able to arrive at your destination feeling relaxed and clam rather than exhausted and frustrated.